Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome to My Healthy Soul

I've decided to step into the world of blogging. This is all new to me. To be honest, I'm not much of a blog reader myself. But I guess it's time I jumped into the 21st century! I'm doing this for a few reasons:
  1. I'm looking for new tools to use to promote the work I do at my job and need to learn more about the  potentials of blogging.
  2. I'm looking for a creative outlet for my obsession with healthy food and body and sustainability.
  3. I'm a writer by nature and profession, but most of the work I've been doing lately has been rather drab. I needed to find a writing project that was less intense and more fun.

So what will this blog be about? Well, it will be mostly about my efforts to ensure that my body and soul (and those of my family) are healthy and well-nourished. I had some health problems a few years ago that forced me to rethink my diet and environment. Since then, I've been striving to eat healthy food -- organic, local, and sustainable to the greatest extent possible, exercise, reduce my exposure to unhealthy chemicals, and reduce my impact on the environment. So these are the topics I expect to write about most often. But as a working mother and wife, as well as a graduate student trying to complete a Ph.D. dissertation, I suspect that the challenges of balancing the many tasks in my life will also find their way into this column from time to time.

So, welcome to My Healthy Soul. I hope you enjoy the ride! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment