Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Good intentions gone awry...

Life has been hectic over the past few weeks. Part of it is that I've been putting in long hours at work. Part of it is that my 15-month-old son thinks his day should start at 4 a.m. On days I work, I've been coming home late, rushing to put dinner on the table, bathing the kids and putting them to bed, and then crawling into bed myself, sometimes as early as 9:30. On my days off, I've been spending all day reading and doing art projects with my kids, catching up on laundry and all of the household tasks that are neglected on work days, and just trying to catch my breath. I haven't had the energy to check email or post here. So much for good intentions...

This blog is not the only aspect of my life--or my good intentions--that has been neglected. My first few posts may have left you with the wrong impression.You see, I was feeling quite good about the fact that I had prepared healthy from-scratch meals for my family several days in a row, and I may have come across as a bit preachy. I may have misled you into thinking that I'm some health food guru who always gets it right. Ha!

The truth is that, like most people, I struggle everyday to make healthy choices, and I often fail to live up to my own standards. Last week, for example, we ordered a pizza one night (at least I get veggies on it!), ate left-over pizza the next night, and picked up $6 meals from Wegman's prepared foods counter on another night. Oh, and until this past Sunday I hadn't been to the gym in weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment