Monday, March 21, 2011

More than 10,000 today!

Wow! It is really hard to walk 10,000 steps in a day! But I did it today! I hit 10,978. It took some effort, though. I walked to and from a lunch appointment and then I walked to and from an evening meeting. Since I've never counted steps before I guess I assumed I was more active than I actually am. After all, although I have a desk job, I'm not the type of person to sit at a desk all day. I pace. I go talk to people face to face whenever I can instead of emailing or calling. I climb stairs instead of taking the elevator. But 10,000 steps is a lot, and it's going to be hard to maintain that on days when I'm stuck home with the kids. After all, even if I drag them with me, I can only drag them so far. But I'm up to the challenge. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment